Prepayments & Refunds
How can parents and guardians access their child’s meal account?
- To pre-order, view balances or add money to a meal account, a Haute
Lunch account must be created by visiting orders.hautelunchatx.com
- Through Haute Lunch, parents and guardians can make payments, view
purchase history, receive low balance alerts, and access school menus.
- Online payments are subject to a processing fee.
- Cash payments will be accepted at meal sites.
- When in-person a student may bring cash in a sealed envelope containing
their full name and student ID. Students will drop payments to the
school office or deliver to a Haute Lunch team member.
How do parents and guardians request a refund for funds on a student
meal account from last school year?
- • Food Service will not provide cash refunds at this time.
- All refunds will be issued by check. This may take 4-6 weeks to be
received by USPS mail.
- Refunds are only issued to the student's caregiver that Food Service can
verify has made a payment into the student's account through Haute
- Info needed to request a refund:
- Student's name, school attending, caregiver name and the address to
which the refund should be sent
- Refunds may be requested one of the following ways:
- If a caregiver has never made a payment through Haute Lunch, the system
will not allow a refund request to be submitted.
- Online sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email address used in the form is checked to see if it matches the
primary e-mail for that student or has been used in Haute Lunch.
- By phone, calling Haute Lunch at 512-785-6400.
Resources for setting up a Haute Lunch account:
- Haute Lunch Step-by-Step Guide (English / Spanish) shows how to:
- Create a Haute Lunch account
- Add a student to your Haute Lunch account
- Pre order and Add funds to your student's account
- Set up automatic low balance alerts
- More helpful Haute Lunch information can be found by signing into your
account, or as a guest, and clicking How-to and FAQs at the top of the
page at the link below:
- This page can also be accessed by clicking the Support link on the
dashboard menu when you are logged in.
If students exhaust their meal accounts, they may charge meals at any
meal service as follows:
- Students in elementary and middle school may charge up to three meals.
- Students may not charge á la carte items.
Once the charge limit is reached, if the account is not replenished, the
student shall receive a courtesy meal. There is no limit to the number
of courtesy meals a student may receive.
Cafeteria staff will work with campus administration to identify and
contact caregivers of negative balances.
Notification of Low and Negative Balance and Collection of Funds
Haute Lunch shall notify the household of a student with a low or
negative meal balance and request payment by letter and email. Automatic
phone calls shall be administered no more than once per week.